Management and Leadership
When I talk to managers, I get the feeling that They are important. When I talk to leaders, I get the feeling that I am important.
Coaching and Consulting
Work with people, listen to feelings, evaluate facts and figures. Develop and expand corporate culture. Build the team. Understand needs and motivations. Bring your point across. Plan, organize ... and learn to delegate. Simplify.
We train managers and coach Executives.
- Power Speech®: Stop showing slides, start performing. Preparation and structure of successful presentations. Develop and deliver the core message. Adapt to the audience. Body language and rhetoric. Handling questions. 3 days with video feedback. Next starting dates: No upcoming date published yet. – To register, please follow this link.
- Manage Yourself: Use the right Resources, set the right Priorities. Time Management and personal efficiency. Manage yourself before you try to manage others. Setting the right goals: Why motivation alone is not enough. Handling stress. Being able to delegate, and avoiding back-delegation. Why "informing" is not a valid goal of a meeting. 1 day. — Next dates: (EN) Lausanne: 30 Aug 2017. – (DE) Bern: 29 Sep 2017. – To register, please follow this link.
- Operational and strategic Risk Management. All too often "risk management" is reduced to an insurance policy and some aspects of workplace safety. And yet - proper risk management alone leads to better business agility and increases sustainability! The course explains the fundamentals and application of Risk Management in a pragmatic, down-to-earth manner. The course covers the new requirements of ISO 9001:2015. Duration: 1 day. Next dates: (EN) Lausanne: 12 Jun 2017. – (DE) Bern: 31 Aug 2017. – (FR) Lausanne: 31 Oct 2017. – To register, please follow this link.
No matter how good the team or how efficient the methodology: if we're not solving the right problem, the project fails. — Woody Williams
Understand the business need first, then translate implicit requirements into explicit statements. Clarify expectations and set SMART goals. Understand project governance and leadership. Understand that the project manager is not the person who will do the actual project work. Learn how to deal with changes and how to manage risks.
We train and develop Project Managers — in the classroom, via e-learning and on the job.
We offer project management training at different levels and with different media: introductory-level project management training for all employees that "have to do" with projects, advanced-level workshops for experienced project managers (both live and as e-learning) and certification prep training. Our project management courses are fully compatible to the international standards Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) of the Project Management Institute and to the International Competence Baseline (ICB) of IPMA.
All our courses are run in a highly interactive, down-to-earth workshop atmosphere. Note that our classroom training is only available as in-house training - see PDFs for details.
- Project Management Fundamentals. 2 days.
- Project Management for Practitioners. 1 or 2 days, at your choice.
On-demand learning is an efficient way to acquire knowledge, tools and techniques at your own pace. A balanced mix of theory, exercises, examples and checklists makes for a diversified learning experience. These courses are also very well suited for integration into a blended learning programs, e.g. as a prelude to the Project Management training courses above.
We offer all e-learning courses from our trusted partner STS. All courses are available in multiple languages (EN, FR, DE, IT, ES, RU, ...). Your access is valid 24/24, 7/7 for ~2 months after the first login. The hours indicated in the list is the approximate time needed to complete the training:
- e-learning Project Management Fundamentals. Approx. 12 h / 12 PDU: Inscription.
- e-learning Project Management Advanced. Approx. 18 h / 18 PDU: Inscription.
- e-learning Team Leader. Approx. 12 h / 12 PDU: Inscription.
- e-learning Project Scheduling. Approx. 12 h / 12 PDU: Inscription.
Since 2010, we run highly successful exam preparation courses for the international certification as PMP® Project Management Professional and CAPM® Certified Associate in Project Management of the Project Management Institute:
- PMP® and CAPM® Certification Exam Prep. 4 days, split in 2+2. Next starting dates: (FR/EN) Lausanne: 07 Aug 2017 (Part I: 07+08 Aug, Part II: 28+29 Aug) . – (DE/EN) Bern: 04 Sep 2017 (Part I: 04+05 Sept, Part II: 18+19 Sept) . – PMP® and CAPM® candidates will follow the same course, it is only the exam that differs. To register, please follow this link. — Note: As a public course, this training is available exclusively in English. However, if you have at least 5 participants, we can run this training as an internal training course with animation in English, German or French, at your choice: Request an offer!
To register for any public training, please go to Dates and Registration.
Do you have any questions, do you need a PM consultant, do you want to book a training? All our courses are also available as in-hourse training. Get in touch with us!